Jun 3, 2009

What's new?

What we've been up too. . . .
David's brother Dirk and his wife Amy have been staying with us these past couple of days. They have been down from Washington to deliver their fifth and last child Steven over to the MTC. It's wierd because Amy is only 7 years older than me and her baby is now 19. Crazy. It's been fun visiting with them. We've had tons of family parties.

Yesterday was my Mom's birthday. Of course we had to have a swimming party. We had just gotten there when Braxton decided to get into their pool without floaties. He could touch but didn't know where the deep end began and slid off the shallow end to the deep. I was in the pool house getting him his floaties and just walked around the corner as he went down. So I got to jump into the pool to save him. I didn't even take my shoes off. He wasn't interested in swimming after that so he and I went home to change.

Since we know that our time is limited using my parents pool we have been over there swimming almost every day. In fact I'm heading there now.

Summer is definately in full swing.

3 comments:

Lori said...

that's a terrible feeling when your kid is in trouble.

Where are your parents moving?

Has the weather been good? ours has been terrible! raining all the time!

Cori Henderson said...

I'm so jealous! I wish we could go swimming today, but instead we got to go to the doctors office:) Hope you have fun and that Braxton isn't too scared of the pool today!

The Highland Hill's said...

crazy...water is super scary with the kids...even growing up a swimmer I am still afraid of the water :) good thing you saw him go under or you might not have had a chance to grab him...

You should just build a really nice all natural pool in your back pasture...that would be fun...then we could invite ourselves over to swim :)