Apr 5, 2009

Jennica with a vintage look


Still playing around with photoshop today. It's addictive. I added a vintage color scheme and some grain to the picture. I like the way it looks.Also, sorry about my blog background. I really don't like plain white. But, I've been spoiled by my sweet, adorable, nice, sister Corianne who maintains my blog background for me because she loves me. But, since I accidentaly deleted the background (my attempt at doing anything hitech) we've both been very busy learning photoshop cs3 and blogging has fallen to the back burner. But, since she loves me so much and I absolutely adore her I'm sure she will help me out and fix my background for me. Especially since I'm turning 40 on Saturday and will be over the hill on Sunday. Anything over forty is definately over the hill. Don't ya think? If you look at obituaries you know the average person dies around 80. So once you hit forty you've reached your hump day. Your not going towards mid life anymore. Your going towards dead in forty years. Wow. I'm just having a moment here. Oh well, I guess I have forty more years to think about it.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm giggling at this post. First how you deleted your background and then your musings about old age and death. Sorry Laura but it struck me as funny. I did notice that it was 1:30 in the morning, get some sleep girl!

Cori Henderson said...

Okay okay! Thanks for the reminder. I'll fix the background right now. Sorry,I was designing my new website last night and the blog again got put on the back burner (actually it was very far from though). I'll do it right now before I forget again:) But you have to promise me, no more talk about death!

Kerri said...

Laura, that made me laugh, only because I have been having some of the same thoughts lately and I am only approaching 36! I better savor these last few years of moving toward mid life....before I start the desent toward death! :)

Lori said...

Laura you are so funny! so we're halfway done with this life huh?! you're pictures are so cute!

Lore said...

Laura, Happy Birthday in advance. I can not believe we are nearing 40, I just don't feel that old, or that 40 is half way...
Your pictures are doing so great. I envy the time you get to play with photography and learning CS4 (and so much more...)

Haley Warner said...

laura, Thanks for your comment.. I am always on the lookout for "pro twin moms" with all the advice and expertise to share with me! Feel free to email me with anything I absolutely have to know. :) haleyannwarner@yahoo.com