Jul 26, 2008

A sand turtle, water, & bubbles - a recipe for fun




On a hot afternoon we get out our sand turtle (is supposed to be a sand box but we plugged up the hole with a plastic grocery bag and fill it up with water). Turn on the water and the kids poured a huge thing of bubble bath in it. Why I would want to save the bubbles for bathtime is beyond my kids thinking. Again, whatever keeps them happy and busy when the temperature is over 100 is fine with me. I would much rather them play in the water than sit in front of the TV.

3 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

What a fun idea. I bet the kids loved that. No wonder Baylee doesn't want to go to grandma's house all the time.

Lori said...

I'm amazed at how much time kids can spend with any activity involving water....Looks like you guys are having a great summer...our visitors are all gone and school starts in less than 2 weeks...can't believe how fast it's gone.

Laura said...

Cori- Baylee loves to go to Grandma & Grandpa's house - but just like here she is never satisfied unless she has a friend with her. Kindof a little stinker I know. This summer has spoiled her with all the neighbor kids coming and going all the time.